Time 13:15 - 14:00
Duration 45 minutes
Cost In order to keep our events programme affordable to everyone, please make a donation. Suggested donation £3
This Black History Month discover more about the life of Radical Hero William Cuffay. This performance explores the horrors of the slave trade and how it fuelled the Industrial Revolution. Meet William Cuffay, son of a freed slave, who became a Chartist leader and campaigned for the right to vote.
Family Friendly activity, suitable for over 9s to adults
- Treat yourself to 15% off in The Left Bank cafe bar and 10% off in the museum shop when you attend an event at the People’s History Museum
- Did you know you can book Living History performances for groups? Check out our Learning pages for more information
- Love PHM? Join the Radicals and support the museum – William Cuffay is yet to be sponsored!
- Visit the Black History Month Greater Manchester website to discover this year’s programme of events happening across Greater Manchester
- Please note event attendees must arrive at least ten minutes before the start time of the event, otherwise their booked space will be given to someone on the reserve list
- Please contact the museum as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your reservation so your place can be given to another visitor
- Please note all donations are non refundable
- For further information please contact the museum on 0161 838 9190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org