Enjoy a range of sessions from our exciting Learning Programme:
- The Little People’s History Museum – a programme of multi-sensory, interactive story sessions for early years visitors using puppets, song and dance. These sessions explore ideas of co-operation, friendship, messages and meanings.
- Living History – the museum’s popular Living History performances with a range of characters, from a time travelling shopper to a conscientious objector. Using performance, interactive drama activities and gallery exploration, they bring the past to life.
- pARTicipate workshops – a range of artist led workshops informed by our unique collections.
- City Centre Trail – explore Manchester’s hidden history on a half-day guided walk looking at the buildings, streets and monuments that tell the story of the world’s first industrial city.
The museum also features fabulous learning facilities including a refurbished Learning Studio for artist-led workshops and a Mini Theatre situated within the main galleries. This exciting space allows us to take our successful Living History programme in a new direction through the use of lighting, sound and film effects. The area also creates a multi-sensory space for our storytelling sessions.
You are welcome to visit the museum shop as you leave. We request that there are no more than 10 children plus an accompanying adult at any time. The museum shop sells a wide range of pocket-money souvenirs and we are able to put together age appropriate goody bags for your class to suit their budget. Please ask when booking your visit.
- We may be able to provide a lunch space but advance booking is essential
- Eating is not permitted in the galleries
- Find out more about access in the museum
- Download the museum’s risk assessment information. Please note that this risk assessment is for museum purposes only and does not replace the need for schools to carry out their own risk assessment
Please use this photo guide virtual tour of People’s History Museum to assist your planning and visit to the museum.
If you want to print out the virtual tour before visiting the museum, use this pdf version of the document as it’s more printer friendly.
For further information or to book a session, please use the Learning enquiry form.
- Special school coach offer: Receive a discount on travel when you book a workshop for groups of up to 60 learners.If you would like to find out more about this please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Learning team on 0161 838 9190.
- System One travel cards provide discounts on bus travel in Greater Manchester
- Northern Rail can offer some group discounts on trains saving over 20% for groups of ten or more. To find our more call 0845 124 3345 or email email@example.com
- Virgin Trains also offer group travel discounts. Call 03331 030 909 to find out more